20 Nov 2019

And Then, Riveting TV...

Did I watch the ‘big’ debate between Honey Bo-Jo and Coco the Clown last night? Well, so I must admit I made a TV remote control miss press and ended up being, like, totally riveted for the length of time it took me to locate the ‘Shut Up’ button on said remote.

A quick perusal of the main news channels today  would suggest it possibly wasn’t the riveting TV the ‘experts’ were hoping for. So many questions; so many unrelated answers.

In other late news, several days ago I noted with little to no interest that Greta Thumbelina, blessed be her name, was galivanting round California on her grand US adventure. Am I right in assuming she’s left school then? I have to admit that I, me and myself was also out of school and galivanting round the globe at sixteen. Sadly{?} I was doing it while having my fingers worked to the bone on mans boat for the princely wage of fourteen pounds fifteen shillings and six pence a month but I’ll bet I saw and learned more of life than little Greta has or ever will.

And talking of global warming, right now, after the attack on my heart, it can’t come quick enough for these old, cold bones. Man, I’m feeling the cold and our heating bill is going to be through the roof this winter. Can you get a prescription for free heat for the elderly on the NHS? Now there’s a good question for Honey Bo-Jo and Coco the Clown right there.

Quote;  E. A. Bucchianeri.

“...they say if you don't vote, you get the government you deserve, and if you do, you never get the results you expected.”

2 comments:

A K Haart said...

Our heating bill is going up too. Don't know how I manage to work that out without a smart meter though. I must be old-fashioned enough to look at the meter and know what it means.

Mac said...

A. K. Haart,
My dual fuel supplier threatened to put up my bill if I didn’t elect to be put on the ‘I want a smart meter’ list. I declined their kind threat and shortly thereafter my bills dropped slightly. Go figure.