27 Jul 2018

And Then It’s Curtains...

Okay, just one more hot post.

As I sit listening to the thunder booming dramatically overhead I note that amongst all the ‘advice’ out there in the media regarding ‘coping’ with this warm spell, I see that opening windows and drawing curtains on the sunny side of the house is recommended. Who’d a thought eh?

Sadly, I see a problem. This being the UK, the vast majority of us plan and purchase stuff for the home based around the fact that long cold winters are far more prevalent than short warm summers so most of us, when choosing curtains, tend to go for those thermal lined jobbies and these, as their name and design suggests, are build to keep the heat in. Bummer.

Quote;  Angie Fox.

“The next morning I was up bright and early. Mostly because I'd sold the curtains.”

No comments: