26 Sept 2014

And Then A Complex Curry….

While her indoors was away earlier in the year, and to make a change from a Whopper as my evening repast, I purchased a frozen beef curry from one of they big freezer stores.

The cooking destructions on the lid were almost impossible to read, them being in miniscule white and red print on a black background. However, I followed them as best I could and, thirty plus minutes later, a length of time I did think was somewhat excessive for a ‘ready meal’, I consumed said Ruby Murray and, although a tad dried out, I have to say very tasty it was.

I prepared another today. Today, to double-check the destructions, I donned my glasses. What I discovered was wot was actually written was, “Cook for twenty five minutes in the oven OR nine minutes in a microwave.” See that? It’s ‘OR’ not, as I thought first time round, ‘AND’.  Tasted pretty much the same all the same. This time, in the name of healthy eating, I had deep-fried yogurt for afters.

There you go Dave – lesson learned, as they say, so make sure those bomber pilots are wearing their glasses while bombing all that sand.

Finally, an interesting article over at EUReferendum relating to one of our bombs that comes in at a million pounds a pop. All I can say is I hope, when they come to be dropped, they do more than go ‘pop’ for that price. The last few words of that piece say so much;
One cannot pretend here, that we have the answers, drive-by landscaping with million-pound bombs isn't one of them.

Quote;  Bob Dylan.

“I accept chaos. I am not sure whether it accepts me. I know some people are terrified of the bomb. But then some people are terrified to be seen carrying a modern screen magazine. Experience teaches us that silence terrifies people the most.”

No comments: