23 Apr 2013

And Then A Useful Tool….

The image below was forwarded to me by an ex work colleague and very good friend.  One of the nicest guys it was my pleasure to work with during my time as a pig from the rigs.  Thanks my friend, and to show my appreciation I’ve messed with it and changed the recipient from Engineer, works for me, to Politician, works on so many levels.

It’s not perfect editing but hay, it’s not Photo Shop – it’s 3 Meg of free software so what you see is what you’re getting.

I’m sure some of you will wish to obtain one of these excellent tools and would really, really love to make full use of it.  Who knows?  Local elections coming up so keep it by the front door.  In a perfect world your caller will also be of the green persuasion.
Eng Club 2 See the second quote down bottom the way?  Remember the old story relating to Haile Selassie?  Allegedly, at an official function, he presented himself to the new British Ambassador.
”I’m Haile Selassie.” To which the Ambassador reputedly replied, “I’m highly delighted.”

Never mind – if you’re old enough there’s always;
“What’s that Lassie?  We need to be quick ‘couse Billy Jo Bob’s stuck down a well at the ol’ Johnston place, a half mile West of here, and the water’s slowly rising?  Good dog, let’s go!!”


Now there was a dog with the uncanny knack of getting the message across just by running in circles and barking. Remember?

Quote;  George Herbert.

“Do not wait; the time will never be 'just right.' Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.”

            Haile Selassie.

“We have finished the job, what shall we do with the tools?”
{NOTE TO HAILE;  Read ALL the instructions above.}

No comments: