6 Jan 2013

And Then A Big Surprise….

The big surprise?  After the post from a couple of days ago when I closed with the words, ‘I’ll send someone round later for my toys.’ imagine my surprise, upon reading the news this morning, to come across this; 

There were a couple of days over Christmas when David Cameron was almost able to forget about politics altogether. He walked with his family, cooked, built a Lego city, and played endless games of Sharpe’s Attack a version of the classic board game L’Attaque based on the Sean Bean historical drama………

I thought, man, was I right?  Boy Dave playing with his toys?  Can this be?  I have to admit I wasn’t exactly ‘fall over backwards’ surprised by this revelation so continued reading, riveted.  As I read on, I soon became un-riveted;

…….with his six-year-old son, Elwen.

On a serious note, bob over and read Mr. Booker this evening.  You read it Dave? Or are you still trying to find that one bit of Lego you know you’ve got, but can’t find, that’s essential to finish your city?  Trust me, look in the Hoover…..

Quote;  Emma Goldman.

“Only when human sorrows are turned into a toy with glaring colours will baby people become interested - for a while at least. The people are a very fickle baby that must have new toys every day.”

No comments: