21 Dec 2012

And Then It Was Just Too High….

About a week ago now, her indoors visited the dentist for a filling.  A day later we were back as the filling, and this isn't a technical description, was too big and when she bit – food, not me – it sent shock waves through her head.  What can I say?

The dentist did a dod of grinding and off we went again.

Guess where we've been this morning?  The dentists.  Same problem requiring more grinding and she didn't fancy her chances with me doing it with a bench grinder.

First I asked the dentist if they could hurry it up a bit as it would shortly be the end of the world and we needed to find an advantageous location to watch.  
 This was met with the usual, "Wha….?"

Relying on scientific statements and common sense that this would not be the end, I changed tack and explained to the dentist, "I've told her to ask you to keep going this time 'till it's absolutely right so we don't need another visit so I'll pop back in the New Year to pick her up, okay?"
Not surprisingly, this received another, "Wha…?"

When all was finished and the bite was good, indicated by rapid flapping of my little nest of vipers, the dentist told her not to take any liquids for a while.  The word 'liquid' passed some considerable height above her head so I helpfully explained to her,  "Absolutely no talking for at least a week."
The dentist looked at her, looked at me and said, "Wha…?"

Quote;  ??

A woman and her husband interrupted their vacation to go to the dentist. "I want a tooth pulled, and I don't want Novocaine because I'm in a big hurry." the woman said. "Just pull the tooth as quickly as possible, and we'll be on our way."
The dentist was quite impressed. "You're certainly a courageous woman," he said. "Which tooth is it?"
The woman turned to her husband and said, "Show him your tooth dear."

No comments: