11 Jun 2011

And Then It Was Onwards And Upwards….

Electrickery and gas going up? How did they find out I have five Pounds of disposable income left at month end? How did they do that?

Instead of these 'hidden' green taxes, this subterfuge and dulskuggery, why can’t I have a choice? Know what I mean? Leave my bills alone – I want to pay for gas and electrickery, not windmills.

Let’s built the bloody things via an adoption scheme. If I’m a person wot wants that green stuff, why can’t I have the option to adopt a windmill? You know, give a few quid a month and for that you get an occasional news letter letting you know how many mega thingies he’s put out, property prices in his area, how many bats and birds he’s offed, an’ stuff like that. There could be ‘family days’ to visit your adopted windmill and picnic in his shadow with the option, for the more adventurous, to grease his bearings.

Let’s not forget a fluffy, stuffed model of him. Has to be stuffed, just as a reminder….

They do this very successfully with bears of varying shades, all kinds o’ cats and even trees in rainy places, so why not with windmills? Job done, and the Green Giant can leave me alone.

These are worth a read of a wet Saturday evening;

Financial Post

Washington Times

Love this -

In a devastating verdict he writes: ‘The Government’s highly damaging decarbonisation policy, enshrined in the absurd Climate Change Act, does not have a leg to stand on. It is intended, at massive cost, to be symbolic: To make good David Cameron’s ambition to make his administration “the greenest government ever”.
‘My dictionary defines green as “unripe, immature, undeveloped”.’

And this; -

The other day, I heard that a top executive of one of our biggest power companies has had an emergency generator installed in his large house. One must assume that he knows something we don't.

After that, un-wind with this……… Remember bars like that?

Quote; Bob Newhart.

“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.”

No comments: