17 Dec 2010

And Then There Was Cicero….

I just watched the news, with my mouth dangerously without a grindy preventing bung**, and note, not surprisingly, that there’s a bunch of eleven year olds out there wot aren’t too hot on that reading stuff. If you’re one of those unfortunates wot has gone and blundered onto this site, which is mainly put together with words, please skip straight to the cartoon.

Wait a minute! You can’t read, right? So I’m wasting my time writing this, right? You’re already watching the cartoon, right? Cool.

I don’t do politics on here, other than the occasional post regarding that globally warmally stuff. Don’t do it here but do read a few political blogs. Not many, as my teeth can only take so much of that grindy thing they do along with that blood boiling thing. I must say though, cold as it is, the blood boiling bitty is quite welcome right now.
{**Note to self; buy rubber bung for mouth so I can boil blood for warmth and not loose teeth which are required for calorie intake.}

Anyhoo, today I found this over at Mr. Carswell’s place and thought, there you go then, 55 BC to 2010 AD and nothing learned.

Cicero, 55 BC;
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance."

What to do? Just keep on keeping on and do my best, hard as they try to make it, to survive;

Goes without saying, that clip is very old….. Hay! Kid!! Get off it! Let someone else have a look. Go learn to read or something.


Quote; William Feather.

"A budget tells us what we can't afford, but it doesn't keep us from buying it."

No comments: