16 Dec 2010

And Then It Was Back….

Well, ‘Propeller Head’s’ back and so’s the snow. So the snow’s back. So? Well, so it’s back. A tad hill billy out there as well, also, so it is.
Mr. Delingpole sums it all up along with EUReferendum. Myself? I just shakes my self's head.
I posted my Christmas cards yesterday – by that I mean I posted my cards to other people, not cards to me. I do that later. The letterboxes are full man!! It wasn’t ‘till the third box that I was able to cram my cards inside, and even then they could’ve been removed via the ‘in’ slot without too much trouble. They boxes be full alright.
This reminded me of a dastardly crime committed many years ago in a small town the name of which doesn’t matter and I can’t remember anyway. This was way back in the day when high street banks had night safes for shop keepers and such to deposit the days takings. Remember those? Or are they still around? I mean, this is way before supermarkets and plastic cards and stuff.
Well, after watching night safe usage for a while and checking out letter box size, these guys bobbed round a few chosen banks, hung sacks through the letterboxes attached with fishing line, posted a sign on the night safe – “Not In Use. Please Use Letterbox.” and watched and waited.
When the traffic slowed down they just popped round the banks and slowly hauled up the sacks as they took the money out through the letterboxes. How cool was that then?
No great fortune obtained, but is that easy money or wot?

Quote; Edmund Stockdale.
“Money isn’t everything, but it’s a long way ahead of what comes next.”
A Joke. Okay, okay, you’re right, an old joke.
An armed hooded robber bursts into the bank and forces the cashier to load a sack full of cash.
On his way out the door with the cash, one brave customer grabs the hood and pulls it off revealing the robber’s face.
The robber shoots the guy in the head without hesitation! He then looks around the bank to see if anyone else has seen his face.
One of the cashiers is looking straight at him, and the robber walks over and calmly shoots him in the head.
Everyone by now is very scared and looking down at the floor.
“Did anyone else see my ****ing face?” screams the robber.
There’s a few moments of silence, then an elderly gent, looking down, tentatively raises his hand and says, “I think my wife may have caught a glimpse.”

No comments: