5 Feb 2023

And Then Pets...

   Quite a bit in the ‘news’ of late regards dogs and the need{?} for dog licenses. I must admit to thinking that was a already a given. You used to just get one from the Post Office didn’t you? Or did I miss hear and the call was for dog owners to be licensed?
   Micro-chip? Hell, why not, they’re desperate to chip us.
   Anyhoo, if this puts folk off having a dog and if all such pets are proving a tad expensive in these hard times of old England, the song below just shows other pets are available.
  Timidadians, those of a nervous disposition and those that spend their days looking for anything they can take offense to, please, please pass on by because if you do that clicky thingy, your day and offence level will be in the bucket, okay?
   Warnings over so anyone still here, smile a while...

Quote;  Rita Rudner.

“I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.”

9 comments:

Ed P said...

The requirement to have a dog licence in the UK was removed in 1987. Eire may still require one.

Mac said...

Ed P,
Thanks for that; I had no idea.

Ripper said...

Mac,
Yep, in 1987 I suddenly found that I didn't need a licence. I was just commenting on this yesterday at GD's place.

https://headrambles.com/2023/02/03/the-new-driving-test/

Mac said...

Ripper,
Yup, saw that.
That's one wot passed me buy. Another I missed is when riding a bicycle on the pavement became legal. I did it back late 50's early 60's, got caught, summoned to court and £2 fine. That was a chunk o' change back then and thus father wasn't best pleased... Didn't do it again.

Ripper said...

Mac,
I didn't know that bicycles on the pavement was legal. Mind you, with all the stuff going on about e-scooters it might be illegal again soon. The dog licence I had no idea about until I was in the post office trying to buy one. I'll always remember how embarrassing that day was. Anyhow, it was the day when I started to question authority, which eventually led to me cancelling the TV licence in 2006 and having a constant battle of wits with TV Licencing ever since.

Its not illegal to own a TV without a licence. Its only illegal to watch terrestrial channels on it. And how will the goons prove that, except by your own admission or allowing them entry, which you should never do, even if they have one of their fake warrants. The brainwashing isn't worth it anyway so the only TV I see is what the daughter has on when I'm there. She's too scared of authority to follow me.

Their acidic threatograms get binned without opening and any goons that come here get told to sod off. They don't even know my name any more because I flatly refuse any communication. At a guess, there must be over 1,000 ongoing investigations on my house by now.

Mac said...

Ripper,
I'm sure it's still illegal but looking at the traffic on footpaths these days do make you think.
TV license? Sad to say, I do have one. Getting too old for agro on the doorstep I guess.
Anyway, there's so much great stuff to watch these days. So the TV stations tell me. Yet to find it...

Ripper said...

Mac,
Never mind buddy, look on the bright side - if you're still alive by the age of 75, the licence is free.. or half price if you're fortunate enough to go blind. How very generous. Useless thieving bastards.

Mac said...

Ripper,
I was on the cusp of going age free when they say me coming and changed the requirements to over 75 AND in receipt of pension credit - whatever that is. Beaten again...

Ripper said...

Ahhh.. we know a song about that, don't we kids?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwYX52BP2Sk