2 Aug 2022

And Then, I'm Anxious...

   Did you catch Mark Steyn on your televisual receiving implement last night? Bottom line, the direction of travel is scary if you use unsocial media an’ such. I guess that includes these Blog thingies.
   Yup, a fellow was cuffed and arrested – later released; no charge I believe - as he’d been shopped for something he put on some unsociable platform which caused one person who saw it, yup, one person,  anxiety.
   If I, me or myself came across something wot caused me anxiety, the last thing wot would jump to my mind, small as it is, would be making a phone call. But that’s just me, me, me.
   Anyhoo, how long has causing anxiety been a crime? Is it a right recent crime or does it go back a while? If new, can it be used retrospectively and if so, cast your mind back to the days of the great co-co and experimental chemi cocktail pantomime and think of the doors belonging to scientists{?}, health ‘experts’,  those SAGE folk and numerous politicians that could, with just a phone call, warrant getting kicked in and them carted off because of the fear and anxiety they inflicted, via the TV, not on one person but on the vast majority of the population.       
   A fear and anxiety that’s quite possibly still causing many, many thousands of folk sleepless nights.
   Now that would be police time well spent would it not? Hang on, there’s someone at the door. Oh, see y’all on the inside...

Quote;  ??

“Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending, he turned into a butterfly.”

8 comments:

DAD said...

The arrested man should have turned to the second policeman and complained that the first policeman had made him (the arrested one) anxious and demand the the second policeman arrest the first policeman.

{I hope that I have made myself clear} ;o)

Mac said...

Dad,
That'd work! And it'd keep on working until all involved were under arrest. And you've made it as clear as I'm sure the law allows...

Ripper said...

Mac,
Its more than likely a fake story. Hugo usually has an excellent take on things. Food for thought..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAj88YRhh7k

Mac said...

Ripper,
Finding any truth these days gets ever harder.
I hear wot he's saying and if I've got it right, it's manufactured fake news to frighten folk into being careful wot they put on social media and such.
On the other hand, the police are arresting folk to frighten folk into being careful wot they put on social media and such.
Me? Back to Sponge Bob Square Pants I guess...

Ripper said...

Mac,
I find that you get a lot closer to the truth by staying away from mainstream media. A rule of thumb being that its only allowed in there if you are intended to see it. Anything that they don't want you to know is either lied about or simply not reported on. This goes for the big social media companies as well.

What I like about Hugo is that to avoid the 'conspiracy theory' label and possibly getting cancelled, he simply asks questions and plants the seed in your mind to start you off thinking for yourself. I've been watching Hugo for years and not always agreed with what he says, but most of the time its transpired that he was spot on.

Let's consider that story of the chap getting arrested. Firstly, there is no law against what he is accused of and no legal charge against him, so, if the police did actually arrest him, they would be open to a law suit. Secondly, if it got to court it would be laughed out. Although public indecency is in the statute books, 'making people feel anxious' is not. Even if they did wheel the guy away, the 'charges' would quickly be dropped. They always are because they have no grounding.

Also consider this - you know the little lad that is currently in the news on life support? Here's another one from Hugo, who has done a bit of research. Again, he accuses no one of anything, just relaying his thoughts about it. Caused my eyebrows to raise a bit.. please watch all the way through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QW1jZZrQZ8

Mac said...

Ripper,
I agree with you, but it becomes compulsive viewing from a wot a load of b*****s point of view. Far more entertaining than the so called entertainment.
I just can't believe all the folk you see on the 'news' recounting their traumatising experience while free flowing tears. If all those tales were true, the last thing you'd want at such a time, would be a camera crew and someone pushing a microphone on a stick in your face.
The old saying, believe half wot you see really doesn't hold up any more.

Ripper said...

Mac,
You are absolutely spot on about the entertainment factor. I get a fair bit of news on Ukraine (my current focus) on the southfront.org site. Its pro Russian and they post videos from those on the ground there, like Patrick Lancaster, Russel 'Texas' Bentley, who live in Donetsk and Gonzalo Lira who is in Kharkiv, They are not reporters, just Youtubers who have lived there for years so they tend to be truthful.

On ITV news however, one woman in particular keeps popping up in all the 'Russian war crime' videos. She survived the maternity hospital, then the train station miles away and last time I saw her she had been in the Bucha massacre. I'm thinking that since this started she's died 5 times, been cured of cancer and had both legs stitched back on. For entertainment they certainly got their moneys worth out of her.

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.U4-2od_O7WzRFwj_SdCDCgHaG8&pid=Api

Mac said...

Ripper,
Spot on again my friend and as a 'reward' for your commenting and to keep you going during your restoration program, enjoy{?} the video tonight; and I won't be surprised if you've already seen it. British craftsmanship eh? British builders? Oh, right...