9 Apr 2021

And Then, Farewell...

   Well, so, I hear the ol’ Prince has passed away. He had a good innings at ninety nine but a tad sad he didn’t make the century. Wonder if co-co will creep onto the death certificate cynical old sod that be me.  If that did happen, I can imagine all the ‘news’ channels going into total meltdown...
   However, giving that last sentence no never mind, on the plus{?} side to this sad news, I’m guessing it’ll give us a rest from the twenty four seven totally unrelenting bombardment of co-co, vaccines and that pesky ever changing climate wot’s crept back into the ‘top’ news slots wot’s dished out by our wonderous MSM.
   It also gives me an excuse to feature some good ol’ dirt music as a fond farewell to the old boy.

        

   Will there be a state funeral? Something like a million folk lining the rout would give our boys in blue a bit of a challenge checking for muzzles and the correct distancing would it not?

Quote;  Ambrose Bierce.

"Death is not the end. There remains the litigation over the estate."

2 comments:

Ripper said...

Mac,
Its been a week for farewells it seems, except in the case of Phil the Greek (His lineage is nowhere near Greek, BTW) I would prefer to use the term 'good riddance'.

This was banned in the UK as soon as it was released to my knowledge, so I suspect that not many have got to see it. However, it looks like someone managed to sneak it onto the Tube of You..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jFkkRF-nXg

Thursday was my brother's funeral, and boy, did we give him a proper send off. Like me, he was a life long biker - in fact I attribute what I am today to him, being the youngest. So, I made up my mind that we were going on his last ride together, as we always did. There follows a few photos from the day.

His hearse was a 1700cc Triumph Thunderbird so he went in style. His helmet went with him on top of the coffin.

http://www.creations.parga.com/f007.jpg

Almost everyone turned up on a bike, a local bike club and some of his friends. My bike is still in storage, so I took a Ducati Scrambler on a 'test ride' from my son in law's dealership, and he went on a Street Fighter. I'm the one on the far right (naturally). The small marks of respect from the bikers was touching. Note the black flag, and one of them kept leap frogging the courtage to hold up the traffic at each junction.

http://www.creations.parga.com/f002.jpg

This is the courtage just leaving the bottom of his street.

http://www.creations.parga.com/f001.jpg

He was into all music but must have been Pink Floyd's #1 fan, his house was full of Floyd memorabilia. Note the colours of the flowers, they form the prism from the Dark Side of The Moon album, also the Pink Floyd ribbon.

http://www.creations.parga.com/f008.jpg

But there was a time before the Pink Floyd, when there were bands that both him and I used to love. So I left the Pink Floyd to his sons and chose a tune from a band that he used to love just as much. Very apt for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPSXHASDTWA

When my time comes, I can only hope that I'm half as well respected.

Mac said...

Ripper,
Wonderful send off; he'd be proud.
Please accept tonight's post as yours.