27 Mar 2021

And Then A Surprise...

   Watching the news this morning I caught an announcement, in amongst all the bug terror reports and happy-clappy jabba-dabba-do updates, that the over seventies will be getting a ‘backup’ dose of the ‘one off’ elixir of life this September. Who’d a thunk it, eh? You could’ve knocked me out stone cold with a blunt hypodermic I was so shocked... 
   See? Hidden away in that is their relentless pursuit of those that declined first time round. Soon to be seen on the ‘news’ rounds: ‘Come on, come forward like a good citizen. Don’t make us have to come and get you, okay? Because we will if we have to and we know where you are.’ 
   Let’s forget all these man-made trials and tribulations wot’ve been foisted upon us for a few moments and musically voyage back a ways. Enjoy the aptly named ‘Break Them Up’. I did, once upon a time while working in Vietnam. Ah, happy daze.

        
Quote;  Brooks Shields.

“Someone said adversity builds character, but someone else said adversity reveals character. I'm pleasantly surprised with my resilience. I persevere, and not just blindly. I take the best, get rid of the rest, and move on, realizing that you can make a choice to take the good.”

2 comments:

Ripper said...

Mac,
Some very sad news.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/SXDvSnDwUe3Y/

Mac said...

Ripper,
yes, sad news and a tad scary. Seems we have to be careful what we say and who we say it to in this new world. I do hope Polly takes great care when crossing the road...