1 Oct 2020

And Then, More Problems...

Well, so, I was watching the news this AM, waiting for pill poppin’ time, and was yet again made aware of the ‘damage’ this Covid-1984 cough is inflicting on all sorts of things as they wheel out yet more Deputy Chair-persons of this or that organisation we never knew existed.

Today was the turn of zoos and, unsurprisingly, the answer to their ‘problems’ is more money. Now I live not too far from a zoo and all seems to be working as it should and anyway, I thought government was the controller of funding for schools.

Then it was the turn of some young lady bemoaning how little is invested in mental health and how the number of folk with mental problems had skyrocketed during this pan-flue thingy. I have to say that, unsupported and unfunded, I’ve had to cope with a mental problem of my own for many years now. However, she does have her good points...

Whilst on the subject of zoos and mental health, via Ambush Predator, I found this stunning piece. Hard to believe this is a university. Okay, not so hard these days;    
”Ven is a non-binary trans-masculine queer person of colour (QPoC) entrepreneur, architectural assistant and community organiser, who co-founded Brighton QTIPoC Narratives Collective to make ‘safer space’ for QTIPoC...”

And you thought LGBTQUERTY covered it eh? You stopped shaking your heed and laughing yet? Time for this little ditty again methinks. In these times, it really needs playing daily.
        

Quote;  Rodney Dangerfield.

“I told my wife the truth. I told her I was seeing a psychiatrist. Then she told me the truth; that she was seeing a psychiatrist, two plumbers, and a bartender.”

2 comments:

Ripper said...

I can see the headlines in your local paper tomorrow - "Man beaten to death with colander".

Mac said...

Ripper,
Good point but I don't think she'd want to risk damaging a colander. And she aint got a rolling pin...