23 Aug 2020

And Then A Knee...

Firstly, this lunchtime my Samsung tablet sadly done died on me. Just one damn thing after another. Happily I done did get him going again and once again impressed myself at how much stuff can be fixed with a seven pound lump hammer. No, not this time. After trying many things I put him on charge and in fifteen minutes he was back. Must’ve missed the bit where he beeps and lets me know the battery be about to be empty.

Secondly and lastly, I see that the BBC, in light of recent BLM an’ such, ‘protests’, is contemplating dropping Rule Britannia and Land of Hope and Glory from that prom night thingy. They seriously need reminding wot the first B of BBC stands for... How cowardly can you get? To counter that, should it come to pass, I’ll be belting out the American song below unless I can find a UK equivalent. Have at it snowflakes.

...when you're runnin' down our country, hoss
You're walkin' on the fightin' side of me.

          

Quote;  Thomas Beecham.

“There are two golden rules for an orchestra: start together and finish together. The public doesn’t give a damn what goes on in between.”

No comments: