8 Jun 2024

And Then A Stopper…

   And that would be a bit ‘o grammar. I’m not all that bad at stringing words together and I’m even not that shabby with punctuation. However there’s a couple of things that always give me paws - or is it pause? - for thought.
   And that would be? Loose and lose and to or too; no, no problem with two.
   And that jogged this old head and brought - bought? - to the fore this old thingy, “How many pedantic grammar police does it take to change a light bulb? Too.”
   Anyhoo, back to the ‘news’. It seems Mr Mirage came out the winner on last nights party political shooting match. So ever closer to voting date when, I feel sure, we’ll all be in the ring of fire.

 Adendumadodad; I know, never start a sentence with 'and', right? Is 'Anyhoo' okay?

Quote; Orson Scott Card.

“If pigs could vote, the man with the slop bucket would be elected swineherd every time, no matter how much slaughtering he did on the side.”

No comments: