7 Dec 2020

And Then It’s Ramped Up...

Watching the various TV ‘news’ channels this morning I was left in total fear of just about everything. Co-co 1984 was right up there of course with much panty wetting regards the vaccine and those – soon to be banned – anti vaccine folk. Then there was something I seem to remember from way back called Brexit. Can’t fully remember; was it another sort of virus? Must be, as there only seems to be doom and gloom associated with it.

And if that wasn’t enough, there was another resurrection of scary old, never happened when it should’ve news, with wall to wall reporting that there’ll be no snow by the end of some time or other scarily soon. Must be a new generation of kids to frighten into pestering their folks to go out and get a family peddle car.

They’re not going to leave us alone are they? Also reported was how shocking it was that some footy fans booed the players for kneeling before a match in support of BLM. Strikes me that if these footy players are so in favour of showing their support for a far left organisation**, they should be insisting on only receiving minimum wage, right?

Further to BLM, I’m expecting to soon see a WAM movement as ol’ whitey actors and actresses seem to be getting rapidly replaced in the lucrative TV advertising gigs.

Regards the Kung-flue jabber-dabber-do, pop over here, page down a tad and tell me again that there’ll be absolutely no sort of ‘I’ve Been Jabbed’ passport for access to certain places as yet to be defined. Bar codes incoming...

**Apologies for ‘far left’. I should know better; the word ‘far’ should only ever be used with the word ‘right’, right?

A Petty quote below, so here’s a Petty bit above:         

           

Quote;  Tom Petty.

“TV does not care about you or what happens to you. It's downright bad for your health now, and that's not a far-out concept. I think watching the TV news is bad for you. It is bad for your physical health and your mental health.”

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Severe lack of scare going on in this house.

The idiot box in the corner only gets to reproduce DVD's Netflix or Amazon escapism tosh, haven't bought what was once known as a newspaper for well over 3 decades, radio channels when i'm driving get changed or muted soon as the latest censored news comes on
.
The odd times i happent to catch a propaganda broadcast from the Ministry of Truth, or a linked article from a rag, or worse still, cringe at the utter bollocks that comprises a telly or radio advert assures me the good lady and myself aren't missing out.

Judd

A K Haart said...

I think you are right - that Brexit thing was some kind of virus which would make us starve to death if we caught it. The EU had some kind of incredibly expensive vaccine if I remember rightly. It's an unusual vaccine because you have to rent it and pay forever.

Mac said...

A K Haart,
And the long term effects of that vaccine would seem to indicate we never leave.

Mac said...

Judd,
Way to go. I watch all the 'news' channels while waiting to take my meds every morning out of a strange interest to see how much further they can flush themselves down the pan without going right round the bend. Damn! They're getting close.

Ripper said...

I'm a big fan of Tom Petty. If any of his tunes were to describe me, it would be this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5II-WnW9OJo

This one reminds me of the loveliest lady to ever enter my life. A typical geordie, tough, but extremely loyal and loving. She suffered so much in her life. I've never known anyone who's had so much bad luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aowSGxim_O8

Mac said...

Ripper,
Yup an all time great without doubt. The Petty version obviously holds very fond memories for you which is all important but I do like this version;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nmERuCXTyw&t=8s