17 Oct 2020

And Then, A Spin...

That would be in the car. Yesterday we went for a spin, it being quite a nice day. Sadly, the roads were very busy and it was impossible to get up to a good speed that would result in a good spin so, much to my little nest of vipers relief, we just tootled.

However, while tootling around, sans spin, we were struck by how crowded all the shops seemed to be as we passed by. Have the MSM succeeded in their fear generating mission? Is everyone convinced that another total lock-up is just round the corner? Is it last orders on bog roll again? You know when the best time would be to announce another total lock-up? Halloween. Now that’d be a doozey on so many levels would it not?

Anyhoo, while out, I went to the bank. I was met at the door by a nice young lady who enquired of me if I had a muzzle.
”Indeed I have, but as I’m paying-in and not making a withdrawal, I really don’t see the need to wear it. And anyway you’ve seen me now and I’ve also discovered that, in my haste to ensure I had my muzzle when I left home, I must’ve left my gun on the dining room table.” Seems I brightened her day a little while she stood in the cold on door duty.

Interestingly, in the bank, three ‘windows’ were open and manned – sorry; personed - but only two customers, gender unspecified, were allowed in at any one time.

While I’m here, why not wear muzzles when in the car? Could be useful as per the clip below which dates back to close to the birth of the Wibbly Wobbly Web. You feel it?

           

Quote;  John Jay Chapman.

“People get so in the habit of worry that if you save them from drowning and put them on a bank to dry in the sun with hot chocolate and muffins they wonder whether they are catching cold.”

No comments: