20 May 2020

And Then, One For Our Times...

Firstly, if you haven’t seen it already, get yourself over to A. K. Haart right now for a piece that says so very much by the use of so few words. An absolute masterclass in messaging minimalism that leaves no nail heads, of any import, left to be hit.

Moving on, is happy-clappy Thursday evening still a look at me, me, me thing? If so, here’s an old classic to pump out your window tomorrow evening. Amazing how this guy could foretell of that wot’s now upon us.
Grief and misery, pains and woes,
Debts and taxes, yea, so it goes,
I think I'm gettin' a cold in my nose.
Life gets tasteless don't it?

        

Or how about the number below. Now that, going through boom speakers, should turn a few heads don’t you think? Or explode a few heads...

       

Quote;  Terry Pratchett.

“The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it’s as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues.”

2 comments:

A K Haart said...

Thanks for the link and kind comment. I'd like to pump out that old classic tomorrow night but I'm hoping the clapping will die a natural death. It's about time. Saw some huge NHS flags flapping around today - I bet they were made in China.

Mac said...

A K Haart,
You're more than welcome. I doubt the clapping will fade away as long as TV cameras are out and about and there's a chance one could roll down 'your' straat.