29 Apr 2020

And Then, Another Ripper...

In a reply to a comment by Ripper, I mooted the idea that the Thursday happy-clappy thingy, going by the daily virus deaths in hospitals, is actually a clap for failure.

This is of course grossly unfair as our NHS, blessed be its name, staff have to work with the virus so are integrated{?} with it whereas we are all isolated{?} from it. A virus that would appear to be extremely hard to treat but easy to catch so they are, on a daily basis, putting themselves at risk to do wot they can for those of us unfortunate enough to end-up needing their care. However, it’s their job and, as with any job, when the going gets tough...
          
   Its not just that Mac, my own daughter was a senior staff nurse at the hospital, she started in a new job on Monday as ward sister on neurology. I believe she's got that far because she holds the values that I gave her as a toddler on up. She makes me proud and is a hard worker, as are most of her colleagues. So yes, I would applaud them for the fact that they do put their own well being at risk for the sake of mine or yours. However, so do many more people in other industries.
   But people don't seem to realise what they are clapping for. The NHS as an organisation is full of faceless bureaucrats, who have ran away to hide in self isolation whilst leaving it to those on the front line to run the whole thing. The PPE thing for example - everybody blames the government, but the government does not procure supplies, those bureaucrats in the NHS do that. But they have been too busy inventing pointless jobs with silly titles for their friends. Corruption within the NHS is as rife as in Africa. The whole thing needs knocking down and rebuilding. I simply won't add my support to that. My daughter already knows how much I appreciate, I don't need to clap.

All so true. As stated above, the NHS, blessed be its name, very own, highly paid internal procurement departments and management failures  have been spookily overlooked by the MSM from day one.

And I see the BBC aired one of their Panorama blockbusting investigative programs the other night. A program that only took a little searching to expose as to what it really was. And if you get caught out? Own up? Hell no – you go anonymous. Back to the old one; believe half of what you see and nothing that you hear. I do believe, in this TV age, that quote needs reversing.

Finally, as I’ve said before, I can’t fault the care and attention I got when I had my tick-a-tack, right from the speed of diagnosis and admission at the A & E department, right through two hospitals to final discharge. Alive.  But it is their job. However, in view of recent events I’m a tad sad that, when I was discharged, I didn’t get a Guard of Happy-Clappy as I navigated all the passageways on my way to the exit. Nothing. Just a quick bu-by at the bed.

Quote;  Steve Shahbazian.

“The media’s so central to our lives that we believe what we see onscreen is real. In fact, it’s more real than reality; emotions are heightened, drama sharpened, issues simplified.”

2 comments:

Ripper said...

Mac - On a slightly different subject, I'm feeling really sorry for Captain Tom - or should that now be Colonel Tom. Jeez, you don't even have to be in the forces nowadays to get promoted! And now there's a petition on Change.org to have the guy knighted.

Talk about not letting a good crisis go to waste. Not that I begrudge Tom his fame and promotion, and to go out with a knighthood is well deserved for what he did at his age I think. A true Brit who we all should be proud of. Happy 100th birthday Tom, with hopefully quite a few more to come.

No, its not all that which makes me feel sorry for him - I'm left wondering if he realises just how much he's been manipulated by the happy clappy crowd. And the 30 million he's raised - is he aware that this money will just be thrown into a black hole that is the NHS, without even touching the sides? That money will not even be noticed, and if I hazard a guess, will be diverted into the pockets of the multiple layers of NHS management. The only one who won't get his cut is poor Tom.

I don't know if you've spotted this, but there's a begging ad from ActionAid UK doing the rounds, with heart rending sexual abuse stories of little girls in Syria (no mention of little white girls in Rotherham).

They say "They can't tell us, and we can't show you". Well, wouldn't that mean that nothing at all happened to those Syrian girls? After all, if those Syrian girls can't tell, how would ActionAid UK know?

Mac said...

Ripper,
Sounds like a huge amount of money but in reality, there are something like 1250 NHS hospitals in the UK so the good Captains £30,000,000 could give each hospital something like £24,000. Enough to make the drinks vending machines free for a week. Or free car parking for a day.
Sadly, a lot will be creamed off by the charity top dogs anyway and most of what does find its way to the NHS will be, as you say, black holed.