16 Apr 2020

And Then An Anthem...

...for our times spotted by Ripper. Hell, why isn’t this right up there again in these ‘get away from me’ times? As a YouTube commenter points out – They should be playing this on repeat at the supermarket.”

          

Y’all ready for another three weeks of house arrest? Not confirmed at time of typing but it’s a given isn’t it?

As for that elderly gentleman who wanted to raise a thousand pounds for the NHS, blessed be its name, by doing one hundred laps of his garden and ended up raising in excess of fourteen million dabs, if you’re reading this Captain, I don’t suppose there’s any chance you could dash off another ten laps just to fund me is there? If it helps, I do have a First Aid Certificate – expired. Just kidding; I suppose. Anyhoo, Happy birthday young fella;

           

That reminds me of the last First Aid course I did when I was in the world and we were taught that tracheotomy thingy. At the time I couldn’t but wonder at the wisdom of teaching a bunch of oilfield trash that stabby in the neck trick as it would only be filed away as a manoeuvre of last resort to be used in any barroom brawl that was going very badly.

Anyhoo, time to prepare for the Thursday, twenty oh hundred hours o’clock PM happy-clappy show. Think I’ll open the doors and windows and play the top tune with gusto – or volume, whichever’s loudest...

Quote;  Warren Ellis.

“I want a tattoo over my heart that reads - TRY HARDER YOU LAZY PARAMEDIC SHITBAG OR I WILL HAUNT YOUR BEDROOM FOREVER.”

No comments: