17 Apr 2020

And Then, Masks...

I see that the TV news channels are suggesting that the use of face masks when venturing forth is being considered in the corridors of power again.

This will be interesting if it becomes ‘law’ as we are reminded every five minutes how little protective kit the NHS, blessed be its name, have. If this is a problem for them now, imagine the problem to come if the entire population is looking for, buying and hoarding all available{?} masks. Another money making opportunity presents itself.

Okay, I can’t go out without a mask, but need a mask so I can go out. Off I go, sans mask, to get a mask so’s I can go out legally. Oh, ho; police stop me. On the spot fine? Kerching. If I’m lucky and avoid the police, neighbours, drones, and CCTV, I have to find a store – an open store – that sells masks and has stock. Say wot now? That nice Mr Patel’s place on the corner is the only shop with stock left round here? And he’s charging wot you say? A very reasonable ninety-nine pounds ninety-nine pence per mask? Wot? Only two left? Whoa! How lucky is that then? Kerching.

As for the MSM, I do believe they must be approaching maximum wring-out of all dead, doom and gloom loops. They need a new angle so why haven’t they, especially the BBC, considered getting a left-wing psychic on their shows to communicate with those recently departed, who died of the bug, to tell their viewers, via the left-wing medium, how they remember that, because they weren’t tested soon enough, owing to the government not ensuring test kits were  readily available, being in a  dangerously overcrowded Intensive Care Unit, staffed by very poorly paid, exhausted, stressed-out nurses and doctors with nary a one of ‘em in protective kit as none was available and how the ventilators they were on were no more than hurriedly modified cordless vacuum cleaners and their last thought, as they slid out of the ventilator, was how desperately underfunded the NHS really was/is owing to drastic right-wing cuts in funding. And finally, how they hope that, after the bug is beaten, all the restrictive travel by car, bus, train or plane, time allowed outside, allowed shopping and numbers at gatherings ‘laws’ will be kept in place for the betterment of the planet...

Quote;  Jacqueline E. Smith.

“Hey, we’re at the circus! Chances are there’s at least one psychic running around here. And when I say psychic, I mean like a real one. Not a poser like you who can only talk to dead people and do absolutely nothing else.”

2 comments:

Ripper said...

If I am to wear a mask when out, I will.. providing that the government issues and pays for it. They want me to wear one so it's only right that they should suffer the cost. I don't think this has been thought through - if every member of the public needs a mask, and they are changed a couple of times a day, that's literally billions of masks per week. It just ain't gonna happen. Don't know about you Mac, but I'm growing tired of this kung flu bullshit thrown in my face at every waking moment.

Mac said...

Ripper,
"I don't think this has been thought through..." Ain't that the truth; along with everything else involved with this cluster f***k. If 'they' do decree the wearing of masks to be compulsory, I wouldn't be surprised if that's be the day it all kicks-off. Having said that, I'm not sure the people have a good kick-off in 'em anymore as 'we' now seem to be scared of our own shadows. As for your last sentence, I've also had it right to my back teeth and way beyond...