23 May 2019

And Then I Vote...

Yup, still here putting a strain on the NHS, blessed be its name, and in my case, I mean that, by being in receipt of free prescribed medication to the tune of almost forty dabs a month and taking up the time of doctors and nurses all over the place with various check-ups, scans and similar. By the way, requested by them not me.

Despite all that, I managed to crawl down the road – okay, to the car to drive down the road – to vote. And what a quandary this time. UKIP to support the chap that’s carrying the Batten for them, or Mr Mirage bearing in mind he ran away not too long ago.

My mind was still not made up even when I was in the voting booth with just my pen for company. Wot to do? I closed my eyes and brought the pen down onto the ballet paper and put my cross in the box of one of the two above I was closest to. Right or wrong? Just call it to protest vote then.

I also voted in the local elections the other week and cheered the officials up when I enquired as to why it was called a poll when there were only planks to vote for.

While I’m here, do you think that Mrs May-Be-Gone is related, however tenuously, to that almost impossible to get rid of Japanese Knotweed stuff?

Quote;  George Carlin.

“Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out.”

No comments: