20 Aug 2018

And Then, Back I Go...

I see that owing to a tech problem – who’d believe that could happen then – that Gatwick Airport was/is having to use whiteboards to post flight information. One can only assume passengers are being directed to the boards locations via the airport PA system.

As I typed that last bit my head went on a voyage backwards. Actually, my head stayed right here, it was the grey, spongy contents of said head wot went backwards in search of a faint jingly bell sound it detected.

I eventually found myself back in 2007 by the dexterous utilisation of  a thing called Google and if you’re lucky, you may find you have Google on your own communication device. If you do have it, try it; it’s quite cleaver.

I’m pretty sure the piece below goes way back further than that YouTube thingy as I seem to remember it as just a sound file that was flying around almost at the birth of the Inter-Web.

Hay, Timidadians! DEFCON warning! Relax that mouse finger NOW and  step away from your keyboards, okay?

         

Quote;  Stewart Brand.

"Once a new technology rolls over you, if you're not part of the steamroller, you're part of the road.”

            Warren G. Bennis

"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man, and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment."

No comments: