17 Jun 2018

And Then, A Big Grey Beast...

I see the Labour Live festival{?} didn’t quite attract the huge crowds they expected. If it had been a commercial enterprise I believe the term used would’ve been, it bombed. It’s scary to see the folk wot would like to run the country can’t even run a pop concert. Maybe they should practice with a whelk stall.

Typing of how poorly we’re represented by those above us, I see our PM is going to hose another twenty billion pounds into the bottomless NHS pit by 2023. Spookily, she’s also continuing to hose an additional quarter million plus potential new customers a year at it; and apparently Savage Javelin wants even more new comers.  You know wot May-Be-Nuts? By 2023 that twenty billion’s going to look like chump change at this rate. I’ll try again: Hello? Is there anybody out there?

Coincidental to this news, on Friday I gave a lift to an aging near neighbour for her doctors appointment as she’d missed the bus. We arrived in good time and the waiting room was only lightly populated owing, I guess, to the late afternoon time.

While waiting, I took the time to conduct a Foggy survey the results of which run thusly:
Of the twelve folk waiting, my near neighbour, a mother and daughter and myself were the only ones speaking in the native tong of this island. Of the eight folk who came in and went to the reception desk, two were native islanders. This would show that, at time of survey, six ‘locals’ were there and fourteen ‘others’. That’s adults. There were also four pushchairs containing between them six kids. So I now have first hand experience of the big grey beast that’s taking up most of the front row everywhere you go. Hay, good on ‘em. There’s nobody in the world that’ll say ‘no’ to anything that’s going for free, right?

To end, I ran into another site worth a read and the comments are pretty cutting and that would be The Conservative Woman. Don’t ask me how I ended up there although it may have had something to do with how I identified myself that particular morning... Wot’s also interesting, after yesterdays post, is the piece and the comments regarding up-skirting. Nice to know I’m not alone then.

Quote;  Sophie Hardach.

“You think it's impossible to be a passive fighter? Well, sometimes fighting just means existing. Existing, not going away, and quietly biding your time.”

No comments: