28 Aug 2017

And Then, The Shed...

Sama-sama weather as yesterday here so guessing the roads would be full again we elected to stay put and I took it into my head to give the ol’ wood shed a coat of that there wood preservative lookin’ stuff.

I’m guessing it was due a coat as the shed sucked the preservative out of the brush at a rang of two feet.

This here shed has four sides and three of those presented no problem. However side four, the side against the dividing wall was another matter. I remember well, when I build the shed, I debated between giving myself two feet of space between shed and wall or make it tight and have the space on the garden side. I went for tight and today somewhat regretted that decision.

I got it but here’s a top Foggy tip from my vast repertoire of lessons learned. Always paint yourself OUT of a tight spot and not IN. Damn! What a mess I got into getting out of.

Early doors, I was navigating through the Inter-ocean when my radar picked up something on the horizon that screamed, Here Be Dragons. Against my better judgement, I kept my clicky finger steady and steamed on full ahead.

Wot I ran into was another sorry story.  A story that’ll, yet again, make you wonder what planet you’re on. The tale in question? It’s a tale of a cat being offered up for adoption and some chap{?} being turned down and the resulting Twatter meltdown this rejection caused. 

Check it out and be prepared for another period of head shaking. It seems it’s getting to be a sadder world by the day. You remember Stealers Wheel?
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...”

Quote;  Charles M. Schulz.

“If I were given the opportunity to present a gift to the next generation, it would be the ability for each individual to learn to laugh at himself.”

No comments: