1 Sept 2017

And Then, A Box...

Where have I been? Right here devoid of anything to type. Oh, and playing with that iPhone wot isn’t mine but hers.

Anyhoo, yesterday, having carefully reviewed phone stuff to date and determining all was well, it was time to part with some stuff. Wot stuff would that be then? That would be the stuff you’re required to keep safe whenever you purchase any tech stuff these days. In fact, it’s fast approaching the time to do this with bananas as well as tech stuff.

Time to get to the point you think? Oh, I’m on my own and all by myself already... for me then, I guessed it anyway; receipts and all packing that the kit came in that you removed with surgical precision as you’ll need it in pristine condition in the {un}likely event the kit needs to be returned to the store for refund or replacement. As her phone seems to be cool, I may as well throw the box it came in as I’m a tad too old to derive any playtime fun from empty boxes now.

This was when I took a tad more notice of the box the iPhone came in and, man, that is one perfectly built to last box. Okay, the phone is what’s known as a premium item I believe, and the box sure do match this in every way. It’s perfectly crafted with all inserts fitting with exacting precision. A box, by-the-by, that could comfortably house four phones. Pretty sure it’s close to bombproof as well. All this to protect a product that’s advertised as close to bombproof.

Thing is, looking at that beautiful box somewhat sadly as I binned it, it crossed my mind that if they just slipped the phone into one of they bubble film padded envelopes at point of sale, saving the cost of the box, they could probably shave a good hundred dabs off the cost of the phone. Added to that, as we age, fun with empty boxes may fade but age is no barrier to the fun you can have with bubble wrap. Time to pop off now...

Quote;  Homaro Cantu.

“With a little more tweaking, we could make orange juice in the orange without any packaging or processing.”

No comments: