10 Jun 2017

And Then, The Turnout...

It seems there was a surge in the voter turnout for this election and they reckon that surge was down to the young being lured towards the shallows  and the perilous rocks of ruination by the siren call of a raggedy  tailed old merman seductively singing of the 'promised’ land of milk and money.

Hay, I was young once - pardon? No, really, I was – and can understand the attraction of free stuff. The problem is, when young, you don’t want to look beyond the ‘free’ word to what could be lurking in those rocky shallows. Sadly, many have grown up and still refuse to accept how shallow those promises of ‘free’ stuff really are.

I saw this image somewhere and thought how good it would be to have it prominently displayed in every public place and space.

Sign1

Then, while shopping, I noticed a product that had me shaking my head in disbelief and realised that, as they had ‘em on sale, there was obviously a market for ‘em and I bet that market doesn’t include many over age twenty five. And wot, pray, is this ‘must have’ item? Why, a mini face fan that runs off a smartphone of course. Oh come on, I’m kidding, right? Sadly no, and below you can see one and if you’re still convinced I’m making this up, do that clicky thingy here. When you come across something as sad as this, everything else falls - even crashes - into place.

Fan

Quote;  Napoleon Hill.

“When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.”


No comments: