14 Dec 2015

And Then Some Sense....

Spotted this riveting headline from Reuters this morning;

MP calls for FRC accounting body to investigate KPMG over HBOS
I'm guessing this headline left many, including myself, gasping, "Whoa! About time too." Okay, that didn't actually include me. In fact it took me some time, and two coffees, to get to the actual meaning of it. And  I'm at the end of my sixties so what hope have those under the age of  thirty got of unravelling that code?

In other news I see that young Cummerbund is rushing round Europe holding jolly important meetings about what he wants so we can stay safe and sound in the club. It also seems it's all unravelling in a most spectacular and satisfactory manner.

It's strange, is it not, that after every meeting Dave holds a press conference at which he happily proclaims all the progress he's made. Then the other head honcho holds a press conference and states solemnly that little to no progress has been made. Makes you wonder if, during these 'important' meetings, young Dave was in the right room.

Quote;  Thomas Jefferson.

“Experience declares that man is the only animal which devours his own kind; for I can apply no milder term to the governments of Europe, and to the general prey of the rich on the poor.”

No comments: