4 Nov 2015

And Then Questions….

During a rainy day today, upon hearing much raucousness emanating from the TV,  I looked up from my reading and saw that my little nest of vipers was watching Prime Minister's Questions. No, really, she was. I asked what she thought of it. Her reply? "Yea, yea, yea."

And that about sums it up does it not? Someone asks a question and young Dave gives a non-answer using that ol' closed hand and pointy thumb thingy that these sort of people seem to believe gives the impression of all-knowing authority. This non-answer is accompanied by lots of loud yea, yea, yea from the minions. Then there's usually a shout of "Order, order!" from a little chap dressed in fancy dress as an old style headmaster. This is followed by a very short spell of silence promptly followed by a question followed by a pointy thumbed non-answer followed by much more raucously loud yea, yea, yeaing. Repeat the above for forty minutes.

Any time I find myself watching this zoo I marvel that these people are the very people who're running{?} the country and are, allegedly, responsible for our safety, our wellbeing and our future.

I then took a couple of the little red pills I keep by the TV and asked her indoors to switch channels to watch Sponge Bob. You don't watch Sponge Bob? It's just a kids show featuring cartoon characters. Much the same as our parliament I guess. Thing is, Sponge Bob's intentionally funny.

Quote;  Vladimir Lenin.

"The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them in parliament."

      Flann O'Brien.

"The majority of the members of the Irish parliament are professional politicians, in the sense that otherwise they would not be given jobs minding mice at crossroads."

No comments: