26 Mar 2015

And Then, A Hot Headline….

Once in a while the Google News UK front page throws up stuff you'd have a problem making up. This morning was such an occasion with this gem from Herald Scotland:
Services at a crematorium have been cancelled after a fire broke out on the premises.

First thought was, isn't that the idea of those places? Then I thought, okay, this must be a fire outwith the proper fire. With that in mind, I thought, for the third and last time on this topic, that, rather than cancel services, they should've taken advantage of adversity and doubled, nay, tripled-up.

I've just watched the BBC evening news and, with the aircraft crash as the centre piece, it was sad to have it confirmed, as if confirmation was required, that the 'news' has now been reduced to some sort of sad soap-op type docudrama.

Quote;  Groucho Marx.

"I wish to be cremated. One tenth of my ashes shall be given to my agent, as written in our contract."

No comments: