12 Nov 2014

And Then A Joke….

I picked this up over in the comments at Frank Davis’s site the other day and it brought  a smile to my face and perked up an otherwise pretty dire day. Brought a smile to my face?Is that stupid or wot? I obviously don’t know about you but whenever I smile it’s always, and I mean ALWAYS, via my face.

Mr Conway – thank you. “…the old joke.”  You say. It’s new to me Sir.

Stewart Cowan says:  What happened to laid-back Ireland? Like the old joke:

A Spanish singer chatting on television used the word ‘mañana’. When asked what that meant, he said it means “maybe the job will be done to-morrow, maybe the next day, maybe the day after that, next week, next month or next year. Who cares?” An Irishman in the conversation, Shay Brennan, was then asked if there’s an Irish equivalent. “No. In Ireland we don’t have a word to describe that level of urgency.”

Here’s a little midweek ‘pick-me-up’. Don’t be shy; sing along!

In other news, I see they’ve delivered and landed a box on a rock three hundred million miles away. They can do that but I still get boxes delivered here that should’ve gone to addresses only a couple of streets away.

Quote;  W. B. Yeats.

“Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.”

No comments: