22 Sept 2014

And Then A Bit Of This And A Bit Of That….

While mooching round one of they big discount stores this morning, my little nest of vipers drew my attention to a display of clothing and remarked how much fancy clothing was available for babies and young kids in this country. I concurred and mentioned the huge cost it must be to modern families, trying to keep up, as their kids grew ever upwards and outwards.

I then noticed a label so took a closer look at the display and called her back and pointed out to her that this was not a display of kids clothing. It was a display of puppy and small dogs clothing. How sad is that? {Below is the picture proof. Trust me – it’s all for dogs – even the ties top left.}

20140922_111319

Things didn’t get any better when we got home and she ran into a program on TV. She watched it for about fifteen minutes before asking what it was all about.

I explained the program was called ‘Countdown’ and the players have to make a word out of some letters. I could tell by her look she was only partly convinced so I stopped what I was doing and watched a while. Then explained in more detail. “You know what? It’s basically forty five minutes of watching a clock countdown thirty seconds every three minutes. Riveting stuff eh?” 
“People watch?” She enquired.
”I’m guessing they do as there have been six thousand episodes since 1982. It says here.” This rendered her speechless. If only I’d known how easy that was so much earlier!

It’s a funny and fading ol’ country is it not?

The Filthy Engineer has some fun stuff up at his place and so I thought I’d add this old one to the collection.

women01

Some sounds? This one was my introduction to Cajun music as it featured in the movie ‘Southern Comfort’. Still close to the top. If that hit a switch, try a little Hippy to-yo.  Enjoy; although I appreciate it’s a tad annoying, us living in England an’ all, having to listen to folk enjoying themselves.

Quote;  Radiohead.

“Most people gaze neither into the past nor the future; they explore neither truth nor lies. They gaze at the television.”

            Jarod Kintz.

“Most people buy the highest quality television sets, only to watch the lowest quality television shows. ”

2 comments:

The Filthy Engineer said...

That's a good poster. Wish I'd found it.

Thanks for the link

Mac said...

You're welcome my friend. Please feel free to steal the poster - I did....