3 Aug 2014

And Then A Couple Of Letters….

I was sorting through some very old files on the computer last night, and for that read, ‘bored’ and it’s right up there with that other total waste of time  - changing desktop wallpapers and, of course, the all-time favourite, re-arranging the icons.

Anyhoo, while doing the sorting thingy I bumped into a pretty old link to this satirical piece and, damned if it isn’t still out there; updated in 2011!! So, in view of recent and on-going happy world events I thought it may entertain you. On the site there are two versions with various additional paragraphs further down.

In the interests of fairness, balance and good{?} taste, may I humbly direct you to an old post here of another spoof{?} letter relating to Leviticus. Just to show impartiality, okay?   My favourite lines from that one are;
Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

Below are a few words from Ernest Hemmingway that fit rather well with the linked ‘letters’ and, indeed, to all of us. Primarily politicians you reckon? Or the ex Arch-wizard of Canterbury who looks like he may have lost his way?  As well as his mind.  And barber.

Okay, this was sent to me by my good friend RS. Thanks big man and how are you and your gang doin’? Good? Good.

Think

By-the-by, I feel a LARK system could work jolly well right here. On so many levels.

To lighten things up a tad, try this ditty.  I caught it in the car this morning……. does that conjure up a ridiculous picture or wot? Let’s try this; while out in the car today, this song came on the radio. It’s a song that has the sticky, sickly consistency of super-thick treacle but at the same time is annoyingly catchy. The up-side? This is the karaoke version! How sad is that then?

Quote;  William F. Buckley Jr.

“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”

No comments: