28 Apr 2014

And Then A Line….

I don’t do a whole heck of a lot of TV but I ran into a show on Saturday wot I’ve seen before. In fact I’ve read the books and watched the series twice before. You watch it? Tom Selleck playing Chief of Police Jesse Stone, based on the stories by the late Robert B. Parker. Lots of lovely, not necessarily funny,  one-liners  while also being  wonderfully melancholy; and it’s impossible not to like his adopted dog – even if you hate dogs.

Anyhoo, I ran into him on Saturday and this line, which I didn’t remember, jumped out at me and nicely sums up the show;
”How you getting on with that drink thing Jesse?”
”Better since I gave up hope.”

Watch it,  you may enjoy it. Grab the books, you may enjoy them.

Quote;  Jarod Kintz.

“Of all the ways to murder someone, slowly, over the course of about 75 years or so, is the best way to not get caught. Nobody, not even Sherlock Holmes, would suspect a thing.”

No comments: