16 Feb 2014

And Then, The Duck Returns….

This is for all you good folk familiar with the, wait for it, old, yup old joke wot kicks off, “A duck walks into a bar….”

Yesterday evening I finally lost it with reporters and presenters wading about in wellies and talking excitedly pidgin English so resorted to clicking around that  YouTube lookin’ thingy and guess what I came across? Okay, it’s not exactly the ‘duck in a bar’ joke as the wording’s been amended** as this clip is obviously for little people. Never mind, I love it! Says quite a bit about me I guess.
**On reflection; which way was the wording amended? Which came first? The grape or the bread?

The bit in blue is the wormhole to the clip in question but before you go clicking willy-nilly, heed a couple of Foggy words of caution! If you click on through to YouTube, beware!There’s hundreds of duck clips! And secondly, this is most definitely one of those, “It’s three in the bloody morning!! Please, oh please, I neeeeed sleep!!   Why won’t the damn thing just waddle out of my head?”

Close to a hundred and fifty two million hits?? You believe that? Damn!! Bom, bom, bom, waddle waddle……

Quote;  Philip Roth.

“My God! The English language is a form of communication! Conversation isn't just crossfire where you shoot and get shot at! Where you've got to duck for your life and aim to kill! Words aren't only bombs and bullets - no, they're little gifts, containing meanings!”

No comments: