15 Dec 2013

And Then Proper Txting….

This just dropped into my mailbox. Not this. The bit in blue below. It was forwarded to me by a very old friend and I’m using ‘old’ in the meaning that I’ve known him for a very long time, thus old friend. Sadly, that also equates to the simple fact that, as I’ve known him for a very long time, he must also be getting old as in ‘old’.  Sorry D, old boy. May I call you D?  May I call you ‘old boy’?  Anyhoo, as soon as I read - and why, for heavens sake, isn’t that ‘red’? -  the mail I knew straight away it needed sharing.

Paddy texts his wife.………

"Mary, I’m just having one more pint with the lads.
If I’m not back in 20 minutes, read this message again.”

Love it and I trust some of you out there may find cause to use it through the festive season. 

Quote;  Robin Sloan.

“I sit up straight and do the first thing a person is supposed to do in an emergency, which is send a text message.”

No comments: