1 Nov 2013

And Then I Learned Of KitKat….

While wondering what to type about today I was just doing a little light looking round that WWW thingy when I ran into a headline stating that KitKat had finally had it’s wrapper pulled off. Being quite fond of the occasional KitKat biscuit I clicked a link to facilitate further research.

All was not as I was expecting. I was shocked to learn that KitKat, it seems, will be replacing Jellybean. Imminently.

Sorry? You’re not an anorak? Oh. In a nutshell, the Android operating system is about to update from 4.3 to 4.4 and change its name from Jellybean to KitKat!! I mean, like, how awesomely exciting is that then? Or, to put it another way, how sad a life do I lead if I find that news even remotely exciting?

With heart all a-flutter and fingers all a-tremble I went in search of a date when I could expect my bandwidth limit to be butchered again so soon after updating Windows 8, with a 35 Gigabyte download, to Windows 8.1 to take advantage of  ‘major improvements’ to the operating system. Improvements I personally haven’t actually noticed up to time of typing.

At this point may I point out that I’m getting close to the point of this post.

There are many sites out there guessing at a date of the KitKat roll-out but no date that seems to be set in stone.

And this is the point of the post. The comment areas of these sites are obviously frequented by every anorak on the planet posting geekery relating to such mysteries as ‘side loading’, ‘rooting’, ‘iOs’ and other strange sounding actions all interspersed with lots of LOL and those little ;) lookin’ thingies, which, spookily, I’ve covered before here. And on and on they went until, on one site, the name of which I can’t remember, I ran into this diamond in the rough;
”INTERNET WASN’T WORKING LAST NIGHT. SPENT TIME WITH FAMILY. THEY SEEM TO BE NICE PEOPLE.”

Dear originator, thank you, and my apologies for copying to here without your permission.

Quote;  Jarod Kintz.

“From the ages of 8-18, me and my family moved around a lot. Mostly we would just stretch, but occasionally one of us would actually get up to go to the fridge.”


No comments: