17 Jul 2013

And Then He Be Back....

Remember I sent the Windows 8 laptop back to base with Wlan.Autoconfig ‘problems’ wot went and magically healed the day of return to builder?

He be back and as the BBC had me in a total panic about Big Shiny an’ heat an’ stuff, there was no way I was going to venture further out than looking out the window, I put him through his paces. So far so embarrassingly faultless.

The paperwork? Reams of it!! Looks like at least thirty people had to look at the laptop, not do anything, look at the laptop prior to returning it, tick a bunch of boxes then hand it all to laptop looker number 2 to tick.

Paperwork regarding a technicians findings? As anticipated it comprised a sheet of A4 paper with extremely small, compressed print. That is, the one sentence comprising their findings, was extremely small, compressed print.
‘The machine was bench tested and then set to cycle on/off for 72 Hrs. The machine operated faultlessly.’

But he’s home now and as of this typing, the machine is operating faultlessly. have been here before all the same.

My conclusion? It’s obvious to me that Microsoft, in an attempt to move Windows 8 to the next level have, indeed, introduced magic. It’s also obvious Magic’s in very early beta....

Quote; Ellen DeGeneres.

“I've moved about 10 times over the past 15 years. I don't move for the sole purpose of getting rid of stuff. I'm not crazy. I move so that I never have to wash any windows.”

3 comments:

Ripper said...

I bet they replaced the magic smoke for better upgraded magic smoke. Whatever you do, never let the magic smoke out else the laptop will be useless.

Mac said...

Magic Smoke Version .000000000001A Beta? And it's still smokin' along. By the way; Nexus 7. Turn him off to charge and get approx. 10% an hour. Just let him sleep - 40% an hour. Go figure.

Ripper said...

Someone has done some experimenting with the N7 charger. Their findings are surprising.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=29983624