19 Jun 2013

And Then Crazy Davey Strikes Back….

Midday today I found myself with absolutely nothing to do. Then I realized it was Wednesday so I did at least have a choice.  Two choices; do absolutely nothing at all or watch Prime Ministers Questions on the telly.

Five minutes later, after hitting the ‘off’ button, I reverted to what obviously should’ve been my first choice and contentedly continued doing absolutely nothing.

You only need a few minutes watching those folk performing to quickly conclude how completely unbearable they must’ve been when they were even littler kids. Then you fully understand why the boarding school system became such a popular option with so many parents.
”I’ve finished school now and I’m coming home!”
”Oh. Good. Haaay!! How about going straight to university?”

From contentedly doing nothing, with just the occasional words of advice and encouragement to her indoors as she wrestled with the intricacies of laying the new parquet flooring, I clicked my way to the article linked under these words; Crazy Davey's at it again I see. 

Is this a fight back for the Play-Doh post?  No problem, I can live with being considered a crackpot. Even a swivel-eyed, bigoted crackpot. Davey my boy, you’d be surprised how many of that ilk there are out here just a simmering and a smoldering……

But, and we all love a ‘but’, {I was going to say, ‘and we all love a bit o’ but’, but thought the meaning could get misconstrued.}, amongst the comments is an absolute gem, part of which, with absolutely no permission, I’ve taken the liberty of sticking, part of, below. Oh, you beauty!!

tonish: ”I just found this, which I posted elsewhere in 2008. Five years later, I'm still right, and Davey is still wrong. Davey and his ilk are the crackpots and swivel eyed loons these days.
I'm typing this from my igloo in north London, on a manual typewriter. Reason? I'm caught in the imminent ice age predicted in the 70's and 80's, nothing electrical works, because the Y2K problem wiped out our electronics. many of my friends were in the planes which fell from the sky at that time. My nearest neighbour is 2 miles away, because 20 million died from bird flu last year, another 20 million from SARS and everybody who ate a hamburger in 1981 died from CJD last week. There's nothing to eat, because all the animals were killed
in the fall out from Chernobyl and my wife stepped outside yesterday without a hat and got zapped by a bolt of radiation from the hole in the ozone layer.”

In other news I note the Met Office has been holding a jamboree to try and figure out what this weather stuff is all about.  

Their meteorologists, right?   They study and attempt to predict the weather, right? I don’t get it.  Don’t they know what their jobs are? Was the meeting to re-define what they are supposed to be doing?  Weather changing all the time panics them into having a meeting? They don’t know what the weather is?  And we pay ‘em to tell us what the weather’s going to be?
”Good morning greengrocer person. May I have a cabbage please?”
”A cabbage you say? Right, a cabbage. Cabbage - cabbage. A cabbage. No, sorry. No idea. You’re going to have to help me out with that one I’m afraid.” 
Same sort of deal from where I’m sitting.

Please, please go and read this, wot is cunningly linked to below the authors name, and of which a clip is glued below, again with absolutely no permission. Okay, once more for the crowd - Oh, you beauty!   Thank you Mr Thomas. 

Sean Thomas 
“……..When pressed on the particular outlook for the British Isles. Professor Sutton shook his head, moaned eerily unto the heavens, and stuffed his fingers into the entrails of a recently disembowelled chicken, bought fresh from Waitrose in Teignmouth. Hurling the still-beating heart of the chicken into a shallow copper salver, Professor Sutton inhaled the aroma of burning incense, then told the Telegraph: “The seven towers of Agamemnon tremble. Much is the discord in the latitude of Gemini. When, when cry the sirens of doom and love. Speckly showers on Tuesday.”
…………Dr David Viner, one-time senior research scientist at the climatic research unit of the University of East Anglia, who predicted in 2000 that, within a few years, winter snowfall would become "a very rare and exciting event".
However, he was trapped under a glacier in Stockport, so was unable to comment at the time the Telegraph went to press.”

On a final point, me linking to the two above items may bring you to correctly conclude that, although my engine’s running, nobody’s actually driving.  Why? Well, I feel the need to link to the Daily Telegraph in case more people are reading this than the Telegraph?  Am I nuts?  No, really, am I?  Why bother?  Besides, the Telegraph NEVER links to anything here.

Quote;  Jarod Kintz.

“I told her I'd rather talk about her, instead of listening to her drone on about the weather. Little did I know she was an aspiring meteorologist.”

No comments: