24 Mar 2013

And Then It May Run Out….

Word on the street, as I'm sure you know, is our gas reserves are getting perilously low and if this cold weather were to last much longer we may face cuts in supply. With electrickery not too far behind.

If the gas do indeed get cut off, and you have an open fire like wot I don't, can I come round yours please?  If we loose electrickery as well, well, as there’s snow on the ground we could gather round the open fire and, as we keep it well stoked, sing Christmassy songs like, ‘MP's Roasting On An Open Fire’ and similar.

Okay, green wood don’t burn too well at all but I’m betting a green MP will burn brightly for quite some considerable time and if we could get hold of ol’ bulky boy Eric Pickles………

Quote;  Ludwig Wittgenstein.
"I don't know why we’re here, but I'm pretty sure that it’s not in order to enjoy ourselves."

3 comments:

The Filthy Engineer said...

You're welcome to come around and share my open fire. I know it's working as I tested it out on Saturday for "Earth Hour".

Mac said...

Appreciate the offer Sir - I'll bring a green MP to burn.....

Mac said...

Earth Hour? Yup, I was lit up like a Christmas tree as well. And I had all the lights on!