24 Sept 2012

And Then, The Wrong Gate….

I've been glued to the news this weekend following the riveting events regarding  some guy with a bike trying to get through a big gate and getting all wound up, hissy and petulant 'couse he was told to use the small gate and then calling some poor copper a pleb.

In view of recent sad police events up in the cold, cold north, I would say that that response from the bike guy was a pretty un-smart, none-thought through thing to do and say. No surprises there then, but it really makes my blood boil and if the bike guy was here I'd  tell him that calling some poor plod a pleb just shows what a totally toffish, oikish, oafish  bloody idiot he is!!  Oh, hang on a minute…

Tell you what though, I bet if it'd been you or me with a bike, and we'd kicked off, we'd a been Tasered into a prolonged period of paralysis in under a tenth of a nano second.

I do hope there was one of those, "How dare you talk to me like that!  Do you know who I am?"
"No, and I bet you don't know who I am either." moments.

Quote;  Johann Wolfgang.

“A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait.”

             H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

“Good manners sometimes means simply putting up with other people's bad manners.”

             Louis Nizer.

“When a man points a finger at someone else, he should remember that four of his fingers are pointing at himself.”

             Emily Post.

“Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use.”

No comments: