7 Sept 2012

And Then Some Vitamins….

I've just indulged in a sticky toffee chees cake. A big one. All on my own and by myself. Her indoors was a tad shocked but I assured her it was only for the vitamin rush. She looked at me with that doubtful look signifying tremendous doubt in the vitamin content of aforementioned sticky delight.

To prove my stated belief in the wondrous vitamin content of the culinary wonder of the frozen variety, I retrieved the box and set about checking out the contents of the sticky toffee chees cake.

The first surprise was that the vitamin list comprised big words rather than the expected A – B – B+ and such. I decided to clear this mystery up by doing a little inter-web-a-net research so I fired up the laptop. Yes, the laptop, not the tablet. For critical{?} research a man needs a proper keyboard not a cartoon keyboard.

Here we go. First big word typed in, hit the Please Find This Big Word key and…. well, not what I expected, but it's only one of many big words. Type in second big word. Mmmmm. A tad iffy that one. Ever onwards with the next word. Ooookayyy, let's try another. Right, that looks better!! Oh, there's an 'X' and a couple of 'Z's' I've missed – try again. Whoa!! That's enough of that.

Seems the big vitamin intake was, in fact, a big chemical intake. On the upside, it's more than likely I'll now glow in the dark.

Tell you what though, those plasticisers, lead based colourings, artificial flavours, pretend toffee and other deadly chemicals were absolutely dribblingly delicious.

Quote; Russell Baker.

“So there he is at last. Man on the moon. The poor magnificent bungler! He can't even get to the office without undergoing the agonies of the damned, but give him a little metal, a few chemicals, some wire and twenty or thirty billion dollars and, vroom!”

No comments: