17 Apr 2012

And Then We Can Go Frack….

…well, {pun} after another six weeks of umm-ing and arr-ing.

I see the usual suspects have been all over the media today hyperventilating over the decision and assuring us that, if fracturing gets the final go-ahead, those of us not swallowed by earthquakes will be poisoned by chemically and gasially contaminated water.

When I was in the world I lost count of the number of fracking jobs I was present for. Spookily, I also lost count of the number of earthquakes it didn't cause.

One can only assume that, if this does indeed go ahead, and, in time, our energy bills drop a tad, as in the US, these same 'usual suspects' will demand to continue paying for their gas and electrickery at the present, really, really high price. On ethical grounds. No? Oh.

Quote; Albert Einstein.

"I have little patience with scientists who take a board of wood, look for its thinnest part, and drill a great number of holes where drilling is easy.

??

"Chemicals, n: Noxious substances from which modern foods are made."

No comments: