27 Oct 2011

And Then The End's In Site….

I can just make out this awfully dim light at the end of the really, really hard work tunnel and I'm starting to feel a tad better. A ways to go yet, but getting there; more waiting for stuff right now rather than doing stuff.

There was a lot of planning involved in this project, so before I started I thought I'd better brush up on that logical progression stuff. That brain storming an' mind mapping an' all that. Me. Brain storming. Gimme a break.

Interestingly, while doing that, I came across this bit below from way, way before, and, coincidentally, it relates to us of the building fraternity. I feel I can use the term 'us' now, wot with all I've been through over the past few weeks. No! Really? It's only been two weeks? Lord have mercy on my muscles.

So, here it is then;

Two builders (Dave and Jeff) are seated either side of a table in a pub when a well-dressed man enters, orders a scotch and sits on a stool at the bar.

The two builders start to speculate about the occupation of the suit.

Dave: - I reckon he's an accountant.
Jeff: - No way - he's a stockbroker.
Dave: - He ain't no stockbroker! A stockbroker wouldn't come in here!
Jeff: – You think an accountant would?

The argument repeats itself for some time until the volume of beer gets the better of Dave and he makes for the toilet.

On entering the toilet he sees that the suit is standing at a urinal. Curiosity and the several beers get the better of him.

Dave: - 'Scuse me.... no offence meant, but me and me mate were wondering what you do for a living?
Suit: - No offence taken! I'm a Logical Scientist by profession
Dave: - Oh? What's that then?
Suit: - I'll try to explain by example. Do you have a goldfish
at home?
Dave: - Er ... mmm ... well yeah, I do as it happens!
Suit: - Well, it's logical that you keep it either in a bowl or in a pond. Which is it?
Dave: - It's in a pond!
Suit: - Well it's reasonable to suppose that you have a large garden then?
Dave: - As it happens, yes I've got a big garden.
Suit: - Well then it's logical to assume that, in this town, if you have a large garden then you have a large house?
Dave: – Right again! I've got a five bedroom house ... built it me-self!
Suit: - Well given that you've built a five bedroom house it's logical to assume that you haven't built it just for yourself and that you are quite probably married? And with a family?
Dave: - Yes I'm married. I live with the wife and our four kids.
Suit: - Well then, with four children, it is logical to assume that you're sexually active with your wife on a regular basis?
Dave: - Yep! You bet! Five times a week!
Suit: - Well then it is logical to suggest that you don't masturbate very often?
Dave: - Do what? Not me mate! Never!
Suit: - Well there you are! That's logical science at work!
Dave: - How's that then?
Suit: – Well, from finding out that you have a goldfish, I've learned all about your sex life!
Dave: – I see! That's pretty impressive. Thanks mate!

Both leave the toilet and Dave returns to his mate.

Jeff: - I see the suit was in there. Did you ask him what he does?
Dave: - Yep! Easy money. He's a logical scientist.
Jeff: - A logical scientist? What's that then?
Dave: - I'll give you an example. Have you got a goldfish?
Jeff: - Nope.
Dave: - You're a w***er.

Quote; Bob Marley.

The stone that the builder refused, will always be the head cornerstone.

No comments: