12 Aug 2011

And Then We Got Him….

Took delivery of the car today and I'm devastated. No big cardboard box!!

Personally, I feel they're missing a great sales gimmick here. Imagine a huge cardboard box being delivered to the road outside your house. Imagine climbing in through the perforated flap on the drivers side. Imagine firing up all the lights, including the flashy bits. Imagine hitting the stereo full blast. Imagine gunning the engine and bursting out the front of the box in a cloud of light, sound and millions and millions of bits of polystyrene!!

I'm sure the neighbours would be well impressed. Or they would remark to each other that the loony down the road was playing again. Whatever.

I have more devastation. No foldy-over, pushy-in ignition key! What do I get? A key fob. Poke, pull, prod all you want, no sticky in bit appears. Where have I been all these years? The sticky in bit is in a secret compartment in the fob, never to be used. As long as this fob is in the car all you need to do is press the cars 'Start' button. Really, when did all this stuff start happening?

No wonder the sales chappy kind o' looked at me like I'd already 'left for the day' when I enquired as to the whereabouts of the crank handle…..

What happens when you don't have an ignition key to pull out when you stop 'couse all you've got is this fob looking thingy in your pocket? You walk away without locking the car's what happens.

Quote; Douglas Adams.

"It was a battered yellow Citroën 2CV which had had one careful owner but also three suicidally reckless ones."

"Dennis Hutch had stepped up into the top seat when its founder had died of a lethal overdose of brick wall, taken while under the influence of a Ferrari and a bottle of tequila."

No comments: