9 Jul 2011

And Then It Was Lost, Again….

“I can’t find my bank card. I think I done gone and lost it.” my little nest of vipers whispered worriedly.
"I don't believe it." I sighed unbelievingly.
"Please, you better believe it." she postulated positively.
“Where did you loose it?” I asked, stupidly.
“If I knew that, it wouldn’t really be lost would it?” came the loquacious and logical response.
"That'll be the second card you've lost!" I intoned incredulously.
"Yes, I know." she mumbled miserably.
“Have you looked everywhere?” I enquired agitatedly.
“Of course I have. And even places that aren't everywhere. Could you phone the bank for me?” she whiningly wondered.
“Suppose I’ll have to.” I responded, resignedly.

“Okay, that card’s all stopped for her Foggy.” the card stopper person chattered cheerily.
“Thank you. Hay, before you go, I was wondering, is it mainly women who loose their bank cards?” I queried inquisitively.
“I'm afraid I can't give out that information… but…” came the guarded but informative and indisputable reply.
“Thanks.” I concluded, contentedly.

Note; As is the way with this sort of stuff; card found twenty minutes after card cancelled.

Quote; Ilie Nastase.

"I haven't reported my missing credit card to the police because whoever stole it is spending less than my wife."

No comments: