9 May 2011

And Then There Was A Bath….

Finally got to the hotel a little after midnight yesterday feeling my age.

On checking out my room I ventured into the bathroom, as you do. You know the crack; which way do you turn these weird taps to get hot water – will this toilet never flush? And so forth. That’s when I found a bath tub of wonder, in as far as I wondered what all those jet looking thingies do. Jet I guess.

I was ready to try him out when I spotted the rubber coated string leading from an electrical socket, just above the bath, to somewhere down the side of the bath.

As I’ve said before, I know very little about electrickery other than windmills don’t make much, it hurts and it sure don’t mix with water. Add to this the distinct possibility, down here, that when the hotel was built, the ‘menial’ job of wiring baths up with electrickery was probably given to an entry level trainee electrician, straight out of carpentry school and I thought to myself, ‘You know what? I’ll give that a miss meantime and stick with the shower box.’

Photo0093

Still looks damn interesting all the same.

I feel this could go one of two ways. I could be tempted into taking a couple of sweet sherries of an evening and then take the plunge, or, less likely, not take an evening libation, thus not try it.

Times like this I wish the ‘little nest of vipers’ was with me……

As for the breakfast guy, I’m sure you don’t need any more stories about him other than to know that, yup, he’s here. I have a suspicion he’s doing lunch as well.

Quote; Spike Milligan.

“And God said, 'Let there be light' and there was light, but the Electricity Board said He would have to wait until Thursday to be connected.”

No comments: