23 May 2011

And Then I Tried Laptop To TV….

I thought to myself, I can do that. I can do what? Hook up the laptop to the TV’s what. Why? Just to see if I can. Works for me. Does it work for you?

I found one of the cables I think I need in the cable, wire and other weird looking stuff I’ve forgotten what it’s for draw, but it looked like I was a sound string short of a set.

At the complicated cable and other special stuff store I had to ask for help in locating the correct cable which gave me the opportunity to use that good old joke again, as follows;

“This is the little rascal you need. See this thin looking thingy this end? That’s the bit you glue into your laptop and the other end, the fatter looking thingy, hammer that into your TV. They come in one or three meter lengths. How long do you want it?”
”Actually, if it works, I was hoping to keep it.”

What’re you waiting for? That’s the joke. It’s finished, over. I did it before when I needed some screws. Remember? No? Okay then, it was the bit where the guy asks how long I wanted it. See? He meant ‘long’ as in ‘length’ and I said….. Never mind, it’s a rubbish joke anyway.

Tonight will either see me looking at the laptop screen on TV or in intensive care after being electrocuted and peppered with broken screen glass.

‘My little nest of vipers’ is convinced it’s a pointless exercise and she’s sure it’ll be a disaster and she’ll never be able to watch the cartoon channel again.

It also looks like the garden shed’s in imminent danger of collapsing. I’ve elected to worry about that when the garden shed collapses.

Quote; Thomas Alva Edison.

“I shall make electricity so cheap that only the rich can afford to burn candles.”

No comments: