30 Aug 2010

And Then There Was Grease….

It being a holiday day today an’ all, and the weather being shabby an’ all, we just went for a drive round the country lanes. Gotta say the hedge rows and trees are just loaded with fruit and berries, I mean loaded. Round these parts anyway.

Now I do remember from when I was but a pup, hearing that if the country side is way full of berries an’ stuff, late summer, it’s going to be a hard winter. This wondrous bounty being natures way of making sure all the furry, feathery and creepy crawly things can fill their boots before their world freezes over. Let’s see if it’s a hard winter. It worked last year, by the way.

We did stop off at one of they markets that seem to spring up on any empty land at weekends and holidays. If a car boot sale didn’t get there first.

I was magically drawn to the greasiest stall I did ever see wot was selling burgers. I mean this stall was greasy beyond description! And the smell? Absolutely wonderful. What I should’ve done is pass by on the other side.

What I did do was get me a double burger with double cheese and double onions. ‘Her in doors’, not shy about huge amounts of food, was still taken aback. I must admit it was of a size; about twice the size of my head.

”You stupid?” She seems to say that a lot, “You going to eat that? Or climb it?” said she to me. ”Tell me again where last will is just in case your heart goes out with big bang.”

Eat it I did. After climbing it so’s I could start at the top of him. The sad part of this horror storey? I rounded the ‘meal’ off with four hot doughnuts, straight out of the fat for to be covered with enough sugar for to keep a family of four, for sure, in four sweet teas a day for forty four years.

My heart did make it but it did do a couple or three strange things during the drive home……

I’m going to lie down in a dark room now.


Quote; Tommy Smothers

“Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that’s bad for you!”

No comments: